WE are COMPASSIONATE AUSTIN!
Compassionate Austin is a growing grassroots movement united to promote, strengthen, and celebrate compassionate action in Austin, Texas and surrounding communities.
- Austin City Council Resolution Designates Austin as a Compassionate City- April 14, 2016!
- Compassion Games! Sign Up TODAY!
- Neighborhood Compassion Watch!
- Youth Ambassadors Program!
- Adult Ambassadors Program!
- Student Internships!
Scientific research documents the health, educational, social, and economic benefits of compassion. Compassion is a skill set that can be learned and strengthened through practice AND compassion is measurable.
We are a city of social innovation. Social innovation does not exist without compassion. Compassion is what brings people to the table. If we want our community to thrive, we must engage EVERYONE in compassion. The stronger our compassion, the more people mobilize to help meet our community’s pressing needs.
“Compassion is the power source for social innovation!” (Lesa R. Walker, MD, MPH)
Knowing this, we owe it to ourselves and future generations to make “compassion” a household word.
Join the movement!
- Sign Up!
- Acknowledge the importance of compassion;
- Compassion Up!
- Strengthen our compassion skills through practice;
- Tap the power of compassion to identify and meet needs; and,
- Celebrate compassion and honor our successes
- Measure Up!
- Measure our progress and impact as individuals and as a community.
Website Dedication: This website is dedicated in memory of Reverend Dr. Clarence Keith Wright, a wonderful contributor to Compassionate Austin and a true champion of compassion. In Keith’s own words, “Compassion on!
About the Cover Image (The Treaty Oak): https://www.utexas.edu/education/resilience/treaty.html