WE are COMPASSIONATE AUSTIN!
Compassionate Austin is a growing grassroots movement united to promote, strengthen, and celebrate compassionate action in Austin, Texas and surrounding communities.
Compassionate Austin Hallmarks!
The OpenIDEO Austin Chapter! We launched the OpenIDEO Austin Chapter as a free, volunteer, online forum for design-thinking to address local and global challenges. The Chapter is a dynamic expression of Compassionate Austin! To join, click HERE and then click on “Follow Chapter.”
The Compassionate Austin Fund! To donate, click HERE! We created the fund to support organized activities that promote, strengthen, and honor compassionate action* in Austin, Texas and surrounding communities. *Compassionate action can be focused in one or more of the 3 key dimensions of compassion: caring for others, self, and the Earth.
Recognizing the Austin People’s Climate March and Austin Climate Justice Week as Compassionate Austin Earth Champions for excellence in compassionate action for the Earth!
Recognizing the Austin Independent School District as a Compassionate Austin Signature Catalyst for excellence in Social Emotional Learning and Mindfulness compassion skills education!
Display your role in creating Compassionate Austin!
EVERYONE! Share and report individual and group actions, events, projects, etc. on the Compassion Report Map. The Map provides a platform for us to measure, benchmark, and increase-over-time our collective impact in our community!
- Compassion Games! Sign Up TODAY!
- 2020 or Bust! Get the 2020 or Bust app TODAY!
- Student Internships!
- Volunteer Opportunities!
Scientific research documents the health, educational, social, and economic benefits of compassion. Compassion is a skill set that can be learned and strengthened through practice AND compassion is measurable.
We are a city of social innovation. Social innovation does not exist without compassion. Compassion is what brings people to the table. If we want our community to thrive, we must engage EVERYONE in compassion. The stronger our compassion, the more people mobilize to help meet our community’s pressing needs.
“Compassion is the power source for social innovation!” (Lesa R. Walker, MD, MPH)
Knowing this, we owe it to ourselves and future generations to make “compassion” a household word.
Join the movement!
- Sign Up!
- Acknowledge the importance of compassionate action;
- Get your Badge!
- Be a Founding Member of the Compassionate Austin Co-op!
- Join the OpenIDEO Austin Chapter!
- Donate to the Compassionate Austin Fund!
- Sign up for the Compassion Games!
- Sign the Charter for Compassion and become a partner!
- Compassion Up!
- Strengthen compassion skills through practice;
- Tap the power of compassion to identify and meet needs; and,
- Celebrate compassion and honor successes
- Measure Up!
- Measure progress and impact as individuals and as a community.
- Like/Follow Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/compassionateaustin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Dedication: This website is dedicated in memory of Reverend Dr. Clarence Keith Wright, a wonderful contributor to Compassionate Austin and a true champion of compassion. In Keith’s own words, “Compassion on!
About the Cover Image (The Treaty Oak): https://www.utexas.edu/education/resilience/treaty.html