Explore the MANY WAYS TO PRACTICE compassion skills and start practicing!
1. Science-based practices for a meaningful life, curated by the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley. This is an excellent compilation of many ways to practice compassion skills. These practices are doable as individuals and in groups.
7. A Guide to Cultivating Compassion in Your Life, with 7 Practices– by Leo Babauta
Mobile App Compassion Skills Practice Options:
Global-Connection Compassion Skills Practice Options:
2. Online Compassion Course (New York Center for Non-Violent Communication).
Local (Austin-Specific) Compassion Skills Practice Options:
6. Peace Through Pie (All ages)
7. Social-Emotional Learning (Austin Independent School District) (Schools/ Youth)
8. The Institute for Restorative Justice and Restorative Dialogue initiatives (The University of Texas at Austin)
10. Convene your own compassion skill-building group- book club, discussion group, support group
Discover other opportunities!
Click HERE to take a Compassion Practice Strength Survey* (only 10 questions)! Rate your strength in practicing compassion skills and action.
Both individuals and groups (schools-classes, organizations, businesses, etc.) can use this brief (anonymous) online survey tool. Reflect on the questions and your responses. Fill out the survey periodically over time. You can print off the survey and make hard copies to have and use on your own. If you submit the survey online and want to keep your responses and track your progress over time, you MUST PRINT the survey BEFORE you submit it. On your printout, your answers will appear in slightly darker highlight. Once submitted online, you will no longer have access to your responses.
*This survey is anonymous. We will gather and post summary data on this website.