Summary of the December 15, 2014 Compassionate Austin Meet-up
Monday, December 15, 2014, 6:30-8:30PM @ Yarborough Austin Public Library (2200 Hancock Dr, Austin, TX 78756).
- Play the Compassion Game (Pat Siebert as facilitator)
- Preparations for David Breaux visit in January (Lesa to facilitate with attendees)
- Review of wish list items in need of volunteers (Jessie to facilitate with attendees)
- Nominations of “Compassion in Austin” examples we could blog about (Jessie to facilitate with attendees)
- Nominations of Organizations we can engage to drive awareness (Jessie to facilitate with attendees)
- Compassionate Austin Assessment- on the “Trello” Collaboration Platform (Lesa)
- Compassion Games Interfaith Coopetition- February 1-7: http://compassiongames.org/interfaith-league-feb-1-7/ (Lesa)
Pat Siebert did not attend the meeting, so his agenda item was postponed.
David Breaux and the Compassion Tour will be in Austin for the month of January, 2015. This has become a major focus of our group at this time. We are coordinating housing arrangements and events. Many preparations are underway. Thanks to everyone who is volunteering with this effort.
Jessie facilitated general discussion and brainstorming in the group about mobilizing compassion in Austin.
Lesa is entering information from the Charter Toolbox Community Assessment tool into the “Trello” collaboration platform. The platform will be explored as a way to share assessment data.
Lesa encourages everyone to check out the Compassion Games Interfaith Coopetition scheduled for February 1-7. We hope to mobilize Austin’s involvement. One goal could be to increase the numbers of people who sign the Charter for Compassion.