Be a Founding Member of the Compassionate Austin Co-op*!
*Mike Clawson’s presentation to the Austin City Council on February 7, 2019!
We invite you to join an innovative initiative to foster greater connection and collaboration among organizations that promote practical “3D” compassionate action (caring for Others, Self, and the Earth) in the greater Austin area!
*We use the word “co-op” in the sense of the generic dictionary definition: “a cooperative society, business, or enterprise.” We are not an established organization or a jointly-owned commercial/business enterprise. We link organizations (and individuals) together to support and elevate their compassionate actions and share resources via Offers & Needs Markets.
Co-op Members receive both public recognition and material benefits! There is no cost to participate in the Co-op.
- Fill out the online membership request form for organizations; (private individuals, please fill out this form instead).
- Download and display your Co-op badge on your website, social media, and/or establishment.
- Participate in a free Offers & Needs Market once a year (there will be an Offers & Needs Market at the New Story Festival as well as other times during the year)- the Market is a simple, interactive process to help compassionate groups & individuals help one another!
Recognition & Benefits:
We announce and highlight Co-op Members via the Compassionate Austin website and social media (Compassionate Austin Facebook page and group, etc.). We host and invite Co-op Members to Offers & Needs Markets and other events that are held during the year. We offer ways for Co-op Members to grow their connections and support throughout Austin and neighboring communities! Co-op Members receive ticket and exhibit discounts for the New Story Festival (the Signature Festival of Compassionate Austin). Also, members receive discounts for Compassionate Integrity Training.
*More Details Below!
What is the Compassionate Austin Co-op?
The Co-op is a collective of both individuals and organizations (non-profits/businesses/schools/faith communities/civic groups/social activists/design-thinkers/musicians/ artists/youth groups, etc.) who align with and agree to represent the core values of Compassionate Austin and are committed to enacting the Austin City Council’s Compassionate Austin Resolution, promoting 3D compassionate action (caring for Others, Self, and the Earth) in the Austin community.
What does the Compassionate Austin Co-op do?
Besides their ongoing commitment to compassionate action in their personal or organizational pursuits, Co-op Members commit to doing two further things:
- Signaling their commitment to the city’s Compassionate Austin Resolution by displaying the “Compassionate Austin Co-op” badge (above) on their websites, social media, and/or physical locations.
- Support the compassionate efforts of fellow Co-op Members by participating in a Compassionate Austin Offers & Needs Market at least once a year.
The first Compassionate Austin Offers & Needs Market was held at the New Story Festival, March 31, 2019, at Huston-Tillotson University. It was a landmark event in Austin. It was the first citywide Offers & Needs Market and included people representing various organizations, businesses, and groups, as well as their own personal offers and needs. We’ve received wonderful feedback and are energized to offer more Offers & Needs Markets to the community!
*Recognition and Benefits for Co-op Members! (Timing deadlines and capacity limits may apply. Alignment with the Compassionate Austin core values is expected.)
- Public Recognition on the Compassionate Austin website and social media and by the New Story Festival (Co-op Member organizations only)
- Increased Community Presence and Collaboration via the Offers & Needs Markets and other offered events. Co-op Members will receive invitations to participate in O&N Markets (intended to be held at least twice annually) as well as other events. Offers & Needs Markets are free to attend. **Our next Offers & Needs Market is on September 27, 2020 (just following the New Story Festival)! Click here for more details and to RSVP.
- 20% off one registration for the New Story Retreat, March 27-29, 2020, at John Knox Ranch just an hour south of Austin. (Discount details provided once you become a Co-op Member.)
- 20% discount for one person to attend our signature New Story Festival. The next Festival is September 25-27, 2020. (Discount details provided once you become a Co-op Member.)
- Discounted Exhibitor Fees at the New Story Festival.
Co-op Members who wish to exhibit at the New Story Festival are eligible for discount exhibitor rates, set at $250 for an outdoor booth space or $150 for an indoor table (indoor spots are limited and reserved solely for small non-profits and local artisans). See details in the “Discount Fees” section of this page: https://www.newstoryfestival.com/exhibitorvendor-policies.
- Your own unique affiliate promoter code for the New Story Festival that earns you 10% commission on every ticket sold with that code! Click here to claim your code and here for a social media press kit that will help you spread the word.
- Discounted Group Rates for “Compassionate Integrity Training” (CIT). Compassionate Austin team member Michaela Maxwell is now available to teach CIT in Austin. CIT is a multi-part training program that cultivates basic human values as skills for the purpose of increasing individual, social and environmental flourishing. Contact Michaela to learn more about the Austin training! Click here for general info on CIT.
How do we become a Compassionate Austin Co-op Member?
Organizations: Fill out this membership request form to let us know you want to be part of the Co-op! Your Co-op Member badge can be downloaded from the form.
Private Individuals: Fill out this membership request form to let us know you want to be part of the Co-op! Your Co-op Member badge can be downloaded from the form.
Any other questions?
Email us at email@example.com